Car Seat Check Info
Read about what to expect at our appointment
Read about the types of appointments/ services available
- Please bring the manuals for both your vehicle and car seat(s). If you do not have either of these, please let me know beforehand, so that I can try source them prior to our appointment.
- It is helpful to send a photograph of the sticker on your car seat prior to our appointment. It is usually on the back of the seat, possibly on the inside side, or even under the seat cover. This is what it looks like:
- If possible, bring your child, and have their current height and weight information on hand. I know this is not always possible or easy – so if your child will not be attending the appointment, it is helpful to have a photo of them sitting in the seat, clearly showing the harness fit from the front (i.e. face and shoulders forward, facing the camera)
For a regular seat check, prenatal seat check: Minimum 45 minutes, averaging 1 hour appointment.
Please come prepared to learn, and to install your seat yourself. Read this article from Car Seats For The Littles on what to expect during our appointment
For other appointments, see description
- Regular seat checks: Cost starts at $50 for one seat, $20 per additional seat in the same vehicle
- Prenatal appointments: $75 for a seat check/ install plus follow-up once baby is born
- Seat fit (“try before you buy”) appointments at a store: $75; follow-up appointment to install $45
- Typically this is for testing three across setup
- If you need me to come to you, there may be an additional time/ travel cost which varies depending on location.
- Discounts available for coming to me in the Dufferin and Rutherford (Vaughan) area, or at any of my class locations
- Discounts available for attendees of my classes
- Discounts if you bring a friend for a appointment at the same time
Please request an appointment via the form below, or Contact me directly.
On occasion, I may volunteer at car seat clinics, please check my schedule for information.
Please provide me with some information on the service you require. If there are multiple seats or any additional information, please note this in the Comments box